[SI-LIST] Re: DDR2 design

  • From: Jai Shanker <jswarrier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ivorlist@xxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:24:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ivor,

I am a novice here but we did a couple of similar
designs - one with a Xilinx FPGA but much lower
frequency (~100Mhz clock) and another with an ASIC at
267Mhz.

We used 50 ohm lines and tightly matched the lengths
(maybe a little overconstrained for safety). I think
there is a clock to address/ control relationship that
you may have overlooked ( or maybe not, from your
length reports). Have you deliberately set the clock
length to be greater then the address/ control length.

However it is always better to simulate. We did.

With the FPGAs, you may need to watch out for
crosstalk. A Xilinx SSO calculator gave us only about
45% of the IOs within a bank as usable outputs.

regards,
Jai

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: