[SI-LIST] Re: DDR2 Clock and DQS Lines

  • From: "Peterson, James F \(EHCOE\)" <james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kenny_frohlich@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:06:11 -0600

Kenny,

yes it needs to be matched......now anticipating that your next question
is : "but why??" (which I would certainly also ask): The reason is that
the DQ info that just was clock into the memory with DQS must now cross
into the SDRAM's internal local clock domain, which is based on CK and
CKn, and you can't cross clock domains, without establishing a
relationship between the clocks (DQS and CK)...(that is, unless you want
to drop bits - and if you just double-register you will drop bits.)

take care.
Jim Peterson
Honeywell=20