[SI-LIST] Re: DDR propagation delay and packaging

  • From: Perry Qu <perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bradley S Henson <bhenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:06:38 -0500

Bradley, Brian:

Thanks for your comments. I understand the importance of simulating packaging
effect. The dilemma is where
we measure propagation delay. This happened to any IC with electrically long
packaging, but particularly
important for DDR due to tight margin. In many situation, the
shelf/ledge/glitch at package pin waveform
will exaggerate the difference between min/max delay.

If IC vendor refused to give timing spec on chip pad, what's the best
compromise in this case ?

Regards

Perry

--
Perry Qu

Design & Qualification       |      600 March Road
Alcatel Canada               |      Ottawa, ON K2K 2E6, Canada

DID: (613) 7846720           |      FAX: (613) 5993642

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: