[SI-LIST] Re: DDR point to point termination

  • From: "Jim Antonellis" <janton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:37:48 -0400

2 more cents to the collection....

  Again DDR2, point-to-point data, 250MHz, ~7"

  We found that across PVT and fab tolerances that parallel
  terms provided the most margin (and we could "afford" them
  in cost and power).

  Secondly, in regards to "floating", the DDR2 memories gate
  the inputs with RAS, CAS and CS as does a well designed cntlr.
  So, with series terms (which truely float) or parallel terms
  (which "park" the inputs at Vddq/2) your inputs are gated.

Jim

-
Jim Antonellis      jim.antonellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sandburst Corp   www.sandburst.com
Office: 978.689.1669=20
Cell: 978.618.4745

This message and any attachments are Confidential and may be Legally
Privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not=20
the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system=20
and notify us immediately. Any dis-closure, copying, distribution or=20
action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in=20
reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.
=20
=20