[SI-LIST] Re: DDR Termination

  • From: "Peterson, James F (FL51)" <james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 05:58:28 -0700

Besides the ones already mentioned, the main difference I have seen with not
including the pullup terminations to Vtt is that the DDR SSTL2 drivers will
give you a full swing signal (from 0v to 2.5v).

Using the series and pullup together gives you a voltage swing that is more
than 50% reduced. A smaller voltage swing will  reduce many of your SI
problems.

As mentioned, you do take a power hit with the pullups, and that can be
painful with wide buses.

regards,
Jim Peterson
Honeywell