[SI-LIST] Re: DDR SDRAM / Xilinx warning

  • From: "Peterson, James F (FL51)" <james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Peterson, James F (FL51)" <james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 06:59:43 -0700

Steve -
your response oversimplifies the issue. these fpga's are huge. it takes time
to finish a design that has millions of gates. more time than it takes to
finish the board. when i have fpgas on a board, the game plan i use is to
have the board fab'd, and in the lab ready to go, by the time the FPGA is
designed. than means i have to lock down pins, as best i can, based on app
notes, etc., way before the logic is designed in the xilinx device.
-jim