[SI-LIST] Re: DDR SDRAM

  • From: Peter LaFlamme <plaflamm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: RKhederian@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:19:13 -0500

Hi Bob,
I am involved in a similar situation. I have not run across a lot of info on SI
or timing issues, however, on the Micron site there is a "designer's toolkit"
that offers some things that help. I found that the power calculator tool is
quite handy.
Additionally, the DDR spec and addendum are mostly concerned with the timing
diagrams and pin-outs for the 4/8/16 bit wide devices. You may be able to find
more info if you look into the SDRAM stuff, since the DDR is SDRAM with data
registered on both
edges of the clock.

Let me know if you find anything additional. It would be helpful.

Regards,
Peter

"Khederian, Bob" wrote:

> I am doing a design with DDR SDRAM.  I am using discrete devices, not
> modules.  Does anyone know of some good application notes for signal
> integrity issues on these parts.

> List archives are viewable at:

Peter LaFlamme

Applied Micro Circuits Corp.