[SI-LIST] Re: DC/DC converter output dip

  • From: Jean_Pierre.Bouthemy@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:44:38 +0200

Wyland,

The non-isolated DC converters (buck) are classical blocks from Tyco, with
switch, inductor and PWM comparator integrated.
Can you help me?

Thanks.
JP

Jean-Pierre BOUTHEMY
Hardware Design Engineer
ALCATEL - Mobile Networking Division (MCG)
Mobile Core R&D
+33 (0)2 99 26 08 18
mailto:jean_pierre.bouthemy@xxxxxxxxxx

|         |           Wyland           |
|         |           <dcwyland@xxxxxxx|
|         |           om.com>          |
|         |           si-list-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org      |
|         |           06/08/2003 20:48 |
|         |           si-list          |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |        To:      si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                     |
  |        cc:
                                     |
  |        Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: DC/DC converter output dip
                                     |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

A question: Are the non-isolated converters linear regulators or buck
converters? A buck converter has
a switch + inductor + comparator. A linear regulator just has an op amp
and a pass transistor, which can be a mosfet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

>Jean-Pierre,
>
>As I understand from your description you have a 2.5V output from the
dc-dc

>converter that feeds into an op-amp comparator by using a resistor divider
>on
>the + and - inputs to the op-amp.  Is this correct?  It sounds like a very
>basic
>comparator setup.  Are you using negative feedback with nothing connected
>inbetween the output and input of the op-amp?
>
>Chris Jakubiec
>Sun Microsystems

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>For help: