[SI-LIST] DC Power supplies Connected in parallel

  • From: "Erfan" <erfan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 12:13:59 +0300

Hai Everyone,

I have few questions regarding the DC power supplies.

What happens when 2 DC-power supplies are connected in parallel which has 2
different voltages let say one has 12V and other has 5V. What happens to
their  voltage and current, current has to get added up to my knowledge does
it really happen in this case? What happens to voltage do I see 12V or 5V?
what happens in case of grounds are isolated and not isolated? If I have to
generate more current using 2 DC supplies in parallel then what care or
configuration I should use. Wanted to know the practical limitations of
using them.

Kindly through some light in this regard.

Regards,

Erfan

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: