[SI-LIST] Re: Current sense resistors and power integrity

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mikhail Matusov <matusov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 00:31:19 -0700

Mikhail, no the output.

VRM => resistor => bulk caps => mlcc caps / loads

This has the least impact on bypass and ringing due to resonance between
the resistor inductance and the bypass network.  If mounted, the
resistor exhibits a few nH then for typical ESRs the combination w/ the
bulk caps will be overdamped.

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(866) 675-4630 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: