[SI-LIST] Current density of Ribbon Cable

  • From: "Adeel Malik" <adeelm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:23:26 +0500

Hi All,
         I intend to determine the max. current carrying capacity of
standard 28 AWG ribbon cable. In order to do this in a precise manner, I
must know the following :
1. No of strands in the cable
2. Dia of each strand (This will be used to find the total cross-section
area of the wire)
3. The current density of each strand (This will be used to find the max.
current the cable can support by multiplying it with  Area)

Can someone give me the values of the afore-mentioned parameters or guide me
to a link possessing the info I require ?,

Regards,
ADEEL MALIK,
Avaz Networks

List archives are viewable at: