[SI-LIST] Re: Current Sense Resistor Measurement

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:49:48 -0800

The Tek TCP current probes are nice enough to warrant their considerable
price.  The wire loop to go through the probe introduces up to many nH.
That is often much more intrusive than a 10mOhm current sense resistor
that if mounted decently will be in the 1nH area.

Steve.
On 11/29/2011 10:32 PM, Barry Rowland wrote:
> I do this all the time, but do not recommend using a series resistance,
> because it influences the dynamics of the DC/DC ... Beg, borrow, rent a
> TCP0030 current probe (120 MHz 30 A max )!
>
> Barry Rowland

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
150 N. Center St. #211