[SI-LIST] Re: Current Sense Resistor Measurement

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Curt McNamara'" <curt.mcnamara@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'ERIK KUNDRO'" <kundro85@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:56:16 -0800

Let's see, 12V across 50 Ohms is almost 3 watts.  I don't think there is a
scope that will handle that kind of input power.  If you want to use a scope
with a 50 Ohm termination at its input I'd put a 450 Ohm or 950 Ohm resistor
in series with the coax to get a 10X or 20X attenuation of the input signal.

Tom Dagostino

Teraspeed Labs
9999 SW Wilshire St.
Suite 102