[SI-LIST] Re: Current Sense Resistor Measurement

  • From: <Wolfgang.Maichen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <telegrapher9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:11:58 +0000

"Common practice" maybe, "safe to do" absolutely not. A mains powered scope is
NOT intended to be used freely floating! Doing so is highly dangerous. You
can't compare this to a handheld instrument (DMM or handheld scope) which has
fully insulated housing and is intended for such applications.
Wolfgang