[SI-LIST] Re: Crystal Oscillator Overtones.

  • From: Parthasarathy Sampath <parthsv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Moeller, Merrick" <mmoeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:06:24 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, it does include 1nf cap in series with tank
circuit.
  First i test for ac gain whihc inlcudes the invertor
and crystal oscillator and once i achieve required
gain with correct inverter size, I go for transient
analysis to make other measurements.
   Another peculiar thing is, with tank ckt freq twice
the 3rd overtone, I have good ac gain, while in
transient analysis, the ouput dies out.

Regards,
Partha
--- "Moeller, Merrick" <mmoeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> First, are you using a decoupling cap from
> your tank inductor to ground? Second what
> type of simulation are you running...
> A negative R simulation is good in this
> case you should see your negative R cross
> 0 at your tank resonant frequency.
>
> Merrick

List archives are viewable at: