[SI-LIST] Crosstalk on coupled striplines

  • From: "Ched-Chang Chai" <ched_chang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 14:55:43 +0800

Dear all,
I know that there are equations for per-unit-length Cm, Ct, Lm, Ls for
parallel coupled microstrip lines. The equations are in terms of trace width
(W), separation distance: edge-to-edge (S), dielectric thickness (H) and
trace thickness (T). I can then substitute the per-unit-length values into
the following equations to estimate the near/far end crosstalk:

Vne(t)=(Cm/Ct+Lm/Ls).[Vs(t)-Vs(t-2Tp)]/4
Vfe(t)=(Cm/Ct-Lm/Ls).Tp.[dVs(t-Tp)/dt]/2
(from Fellar A., et al, "Crosstalk and reflections in high-speed digital
system" - Fall Joint Computer Conference, 1965)

where
Vs - the driving signal on the aggressor trace
Tp - flight time along the coupled length

Are there any similar per-unit-length/crosstalk equations for coupled
striplines (asymmetric stripline) in terms of W, S, H, T?

Thank you very much in advance.

List archives are viewable at: