[SI-LIST] Crosstalk due to package

  • From: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:07:56 -0700

Hi SI Experts,
I was running crosstalk simulations in a design using Cadence Allegro PCB
SI GXL, and observed very high crosstalk (about 100 mV).  The Driver ASIC
is in a 10 x 10 mm 64-pin TQFP package.  A similar design using the
previous version of the ASIC in same package had shown crosstalk of about
50 mV only.  The signal slew rate has not changed significantly between
the two ASIC versions.  Only difference was that the package model for the
older ASIC was a simple RLC model, whereas the ASIC vendor provided a
coupled model for the new ASIC package.  To confirm my doubt, I edited the
package model to remove the coupling parameters, and the crosstalk dropped
to 50 mV.

I am curious if it is possible for a 10 x 10 mm TQFP package to introduce
crosstalk to the tune of 50 mV.

Regards, Ravinder
Server PCB Development
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies