[SI-LIST] Creating Cable Models in SPECCTRAquest

  • From: "Geistlinger, Marlow K" <marlow.k.geistlinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:24:53 -0700

I have questions about creating cable models for use in SPECCTRAQuest.
Cadence's manual, "SPECCTRAQuest Simulation and Analysis Reference" hasn't been
very useful in understanding the values in their cable model example.

I need to build two cable models. The first one is a 60 conductor 0.025" solid
ribbon cable 3" long. The second one is a custom Kapton Flex cable. I need to
get the inductance and impedance to verify the design with two boards connected
a cable will work.

If anyone has built cable models for SPECCTRAQuest and could direct me in how
to build these models would be greatly appreciated.

One other thought is if somebody has had success in doing this another way, I'd
be open to suggestions.

Thank you.

Marlow Geistlinger
HW/SW Design Engineer