[SI-LIST] Re: Cost Factor of introducing Blind and BuriedVia s

  • From: Michael_Greim@xxxxxxxx
  • To: istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AdeelM@xxxxxxxxxxxx,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:29:26 -0500

Hi All,

That is the case for z axis drill vias.  However,
if you do a sequential lam blind via approach, you
do have much more flexibility in your depth, but
at a  greater cost.  Each half of the stack would
be drilled and plated and then the halves put together
and drilled and plated again.   However there is
fallout at each step that impacts yields and therefore
cost.

just my 0.02

Michael