[SI-LIST] Re: Correlating the system Emission Sources

  • From: Daniel Lai <daniel.yt.lai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jim Nadolny <jim.nadolny@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 16:15:37 +0800

Hi Jim,
   Thanks for the reply. But I think we are not affordable to use 3D solvers
calculating the near field of our main board. So my question here will be how
to combine the 3D and 2D EM solvers, but to take the vertical interactions into
consideration as well. ( 3D solver for connector EM field calculation, and 2D
solver for the main board out of efficiency consideration.)

   Any suggestion? Thanks!!

   Best Regards,
   - Daniel

On Aug 5, 2011, at 8:32 PM, Jim Nadolny <jim.nadolny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Daniel -
>
> Some work has been done on the backplane -riser card connectors influence on
> system radiation
> (http://scholarsmine.mst.edu/post_prints/00990723_09007dcc8030ca4b.html). But
> I have not seen a tool that starts with far field results and gets to the
> sources.
>
> Good luck -
> jn

List technical documents are available at: