[SI-LIST] Re: Correction: Re: IBIS-AMI Vendor Support Help

  • From: "Dmitriev-Zdorov, Vladimir" <vladimir_dmitriev-zdorov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:57:10 -0700

Syed,

A minor addition. The procedure outlined below (generating step and
impulse from detailed SPICE level simulation) provides an accurate
response that AMI models and EDA platform will update and then use in
time domain simulation by way of convolution. At the simulation stage,
we can use complete non-linear models of Tx/Rx analog buffers.

However, a validity of superposition (by convolution) of the generated
invariant (e.g. buffers' IV curves are straight lines and do not change
in time)

Vladimir