[SI-LIST] Convergence problem with DDR DRAM IBIS model

  • From: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:55:03 -0700

I am running IBIS simulation on a 32-bit DDR1 point-to-point interface. In
case of one DRAM vendor, the simulator reports errors due to convergence
problem under Typical simulation on 22 Data bits and 4 DQS bits when DDR
is driving.  There is no problem with remaining 10 bits in Typical, or all
the bits in Fast and Slow simulation.  I have run similar simulation with
two other vendor part, and a die-shrink part from the same vendor without
any problems.  I am baffled with these selective errors.  I have looked at
the package parasitic and do not see anything unusual.  Has anyone else
seen this kind of problem.
Thanks.

Regards,
Ravinder Ajmani