[SI-LIST] Re: Convergence problem after inserting detailed connectormodel

  • From: Robert Haller <rhaller@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hassan@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:45:11 -0500

Julia,
        Hassan made some really good suggestions.
To solve "internal timestep too small", you need to be a detective.

Start with a ideal source on a single line of the connector model and
terminate all of the other leads.

Then add in pieces of your real circuit (that you have already verify
converges in an independent simulation) one piece at a time.
Check the results after each piece is added in and make sure they
correlate to expected results.

Larry Smith (I think?) made an excellent observation on the PDS thread.
You almost need to know the answer BEFORE you run the simulation and you
must make sure the simulation matches what you expect.

Simulate, Measure and Iterate works well with connectors too !

I will state the obvious, a bad model can create lots of problems, So
also provide feedback to your model provider (that you are having
convergence problems) and solicit their help..

regards,
Bob

--
Robert J. Haller (rhaller@xxxxxxxxxx)