[SI-LIST] Connector for signals up to 2.5Gigabit/s

  • From: "alexrozzano" <carlo_franco.bleu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:48:01 -0000

Hi gurus,
I have to select a connector for a serial data bus working at 2.5
Gbps, the interface is the RocketIO of Xilinx. There are two links
connecting two daughter board on the same mother board for the update
channel, so the cable length will be very short (maximum 10cm). Cause
one is the backup of the other it would be better to have two
different cables and two different connectors, so it could be
possible to replace one cable and maintaining the update link.
The dimensions of daughter board are about 145x65mm.
For timing reason we are thinking to use an RJ45, but I have not idea
for the maximum frequency that it can manage.
Have you any suggestion about others connector, more specific for
this type of signal? The connectors I have found are for board to
board or backpanel connection and there are too big.
Or can you give me some information, article or so on for a
characterization of an RJ45?
Thanks in advance
Carlo

List FAQ wiki page is located at: