[SI-LIST] Conductor Ampacity question

  • From: Patrick Codd <PCodd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:13:10 -0800

Hello all, I'm new to the list and perhaps this may not be the proper forum
for this question, but I am a signal integrity engineer and we are trying to
calculate the ampacity of high-frequency transmission lines of atypical
cross-sections.  I'm looking for some source that would allow us to
calculate temperature rise due to currents based on the Neher-McGrath
equations.  For example, an online Java calculator or a piece of freeware
which will allow me to input resisitivity and conductor geometry.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Codd

Electrical Engineer

Silicon Bandwidth, Inc.

This message is confidential.  The information contained in
this e-mail message is intended only for confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message.

List archives are viewable at: