[SI-LIST] Common design flaws that keep showing up in new designs

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 20:11:03 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I just posted my latest Technical Tidbit titled "Common Circuit Design
Flaws That Cause Operational Problems (problems fixed long ago are
still showing up in designs)"

The article outlines several common design flaws that occur in new
designs. Some of these are well known but I have observed all of them
in recent designs in the course of my consulting work with clients.
General fixes are also discussed for these problems.

Abstract: Common circuit design flaws at the board and system level
cause many operational problems. Some of these flaws were understood
and fixed years ago, yet still show up in designs. A few common
problems of this type are discussed and examples given.

Doug
     ___          _       Doug Smith
      \          / )      P.O. Box 1457
       =========          Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
    _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
  /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
|  q-----( )  |  o  |    Email:   doug@xxxxxxxxxx
  \ _ /    ]    \ _ /     Website: http://www.dsmith.org

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net