[SI-LIST] Re: Combining of multiple Power Supply Outputs

  • From: earl albin <earlalbin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chundi srikanth <chundis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:50:23 -0700

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:42 PM, chundi srikanth <chundis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pls see the attached file.I have two Power supplies giving +28V outputs and
> i have to combine them for load sharing such a way that it will provide a
> low voltage drop from input to output. How can i do that?? Which solution
> is
> the best one using a MOSFET solution or a schottky diode solution or any
> powerpath controller solution??
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Srikanth

> Srikanth:

I did not see any attachment in your submittable. I can certainly help you
on this. Need more info in terms of what you need for load sharing. Won't
burden this request till you send me all you have, power supplies, specs,
application on a high level
( sensitive info not needed). I have lots of experience in this on both
sides of the fence, design,application, specification, customer.

Orin Laney gave you decent technical details. Which is good, but could have
overwhelmed you. Can you get this to meet your needs, yes, no. Send the
requirements and the PS specs. Take it from there, obviously spend money and
you can buy a solution but it has to meet the cost objective too.

> List technical documents are available at:
>                http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

List technical documents are available at: