[SI-LIST] Re: Combining DC and TRANS analysis

  • From: "Cove, Stephen E" <stephen.e.cove@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Andrew.Ingraham@xxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<SKWONG@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:31:28 -0800

According to the 1996 HSPICE manual, the .OP statement can be used to =
produce an operating point during a transient analysis.  Only one .OP =
statement can appear in an HSPICE simulation. =20
General form:
format=3DALL,BRIEF,CURRENT,DEBUG,NONE,VOLTAGE
ALL=3Dfull operating point
BRIEF=3Done line summary of each element's voltage, current and power in =
mW
CURRENT=3Dvoltage table with element currents and power
DEBUG=3Dprints nonconvergent nodes with the new voltage, old voltage and =
the tolerance; also the nonconvergent elements with their tolerance =
values
VOLTAGE=3Dvoltage table only
time=3Dtime at which the report is printed

The book then give the following example:
.OP .5NS CUR 10NS VOL 17.5NS 20NS=20
They have used abbreviations for the <format> parameter that were not =
mentioned in the above definitions, but I assume they work.  the 1st =
format definition is left out, and should default to ALL. =20

Again, this is from 1996 so it may have changed slightly, but I know it =
still works in at least a very similar format if the exact one above =
does not.  I will leave the debug if any to you. =20

Steve