[SI-LIST] Re: Circle bus topology; Circular Firing Squad?

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ihsan Erdin <erdinih@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:44:29 -0700

Ihsan, I've presented two methods that both correctly predict the
results:  One based on modeling the intersection as an open to the even
mode, while short to the odd mode, and the other on what I think is far
simpler:  continuous propagation of each of the original wave fronts.
Use whichever model makes your day simpler, but for my money I'll stick
with the latter.  I prefer the view that discontinuities and resulting
reflections in quasi uniform, infinite length, ie terminated
transmissions are the result of physical variations in the channel, not
patterns of energy I happen to launch into them.

Consider for example +1.0V step from the left, and a +0.5V step from the
right.  After they meet, the voltage moving rightward continues to rise
by +1.0V from its previous value, and the voltage moving leftward
continues to rise by +0.5V from its previous value.  The waves just
linearly superimpose.

Regards,

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(408) 884-3985 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: