[SI-LIST] Re: Chip capacitance effect for SSN simulation

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 07:29:51 +0200

Hello,

just as short  feedback to Ravva's answer:

1) The die capacitance(C_Comp)  in the IBIS is the parasitic input
capacitance due to ESD, routing, Driver, Receiver ..
It is NOT the decoupling capacitor between VDDQ and VSSQ!

4) I agree that a full 3D solve is too big for the system I'm expecting.
There are other tools out that will do this job better. As ADS user I
would give Momentum a try ..

Hermann

Our next Events:
================

Signal Ingegrity Seminar "Open the Black Box of Signal Integrity"
at TH Aalen on 29th October 2011

Visit us on Embedded World 2012
Our location Hall 1 / Booth 509

Check our website or contact us for details

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx