[SI-LIST] Re: Chip capacitance effect for SSN simulation

  • From: Cristian Gozzi <cristian.gozzi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Poorna Chander Ravva <poornachander.ravva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 19:56:14 +0200

Hi folks
I'm realizing that there was some misunderstanding on description of my
system

attached 2 reference pictures about Probe Card system and PDN for this kind
of application
(Note: for those that wants to go deeply inside of this kind of system can
check my presentation at IEEE SWTW 2011:
http://www.swtest.org/swtw_library/2011proc/PDF/S08_03_Gozzi_SWTW2011.pdf )

For Main PCB and Interposer I'm using SIwave, while for needles I'm using
HFSS since is a pure 3D structure so I cannot do any simplification

so the only way to simulate the whole PDN system was to make a pin sub-group
of DDR pwr and simulate only 6 pwr needle with HFSS
(I selected only those pwr needles that are around my 10 DQ)

Finally I combined entire system in SPICE deck and simulate transient SSN

I always simulate in both frequency and time domain.

Question: where is the IBIS section where I can find out my pwr die
capacitance?

I only was aware of C_comp that should be the parasitic capacitance of out
buffer, isn't it?

Thanks
Cris

List technical documents are available at: