[SI-LIST] Re: Chassis ground

  • From: Larry Miller <ldmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:24:17 -0700

Both schemes have been successfully used in networking boxes I have been
associated with.

The single-point "audio style" ground worked well in a "pizza box" chassis
that was fully sealed with screws, etc.

For chassis with plug-ins ("blades" in our terminology) we had much better
luck nailing everything down to the chassis, including digital ground. This
was especially true in gigabit systems. The plug-in PCBs were grounded to
the metal card carriers.

Larry Miller