[SI-LIST] Re: Causality

  • From: Cosmin Iorga <ci249534@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jennifer Maharani <jennifer.maharani@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:01:23 -0700 (PDT)

Jenifer,
In addition to all the good advice you have received so far from experts in the
field, I would like to suggest that if none of the tools mentioned are able to
solve you causality issue you may ultimately "manually" build an RLC Spice
model from the s-parameters frequency sweep simulations.  This model will not
be so accurate like the broadband spice models, but at least it will give you
something to work with.  I have attached an example of RLC model built from
s-param simulation (file: s_param_rlc_model.tif), where you can see also the
error between the RLC model and the s-param simulation.  The "C" values are
calculated from the "DOWN" slopes, "L" values from "UP" slopes or resonant
peaks, and "R" form minimums of the resonant peaks, as shown in the figure.
Contact me if you need more details.

Cosmin Iorga, Ph.D.
NoiseCoupling.com
http://www.noisecoupling.com