[SI-LIST] Re: Capacitance Formula

  • From: "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sukhui@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 11:05:26 -0800

Suk Hui,

Personally, rather than trust the equations, I would use a commercially
available field solver to solve for the geometry.  If you have Hspice,
you can use the built-in field solver to calculate just what you want.
 Ultimately, individual values of L and C are fairly meaningless for a
package. What you want to know is the characteristic impedance of the
trace.  Some low cost field solvers like Linpar  will also give you what
you need.

regards,

scott

--
Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

Suk Hui Teh wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am currently analysing some package design traces and
>I have come about a couple of microstrip traces where,
>0.1< W/H < 3.0
>
>What are the formulas for calculating capacitance, Zo and inductance
>for these type of traces?
>
>Many thanks,
>Suk Hui

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list