[SI-LIST] Re: Can SSN be restrained by board decaps?

  • From: Neo <neoflash2008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, xuzhengrong <Zhengrong.Xu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 18:29:50 -0800 (PST)

Zhengrong:

   I think a few conditions for your simulation might worth being re-evaluated.

   1. L-pkg might be near 10nH for long bonding wire. However, the whole chip
will have more than 1-pair of power/gnd pin pairs, so the effective inductance
should be much lower.

   2. Cdie is difficult to estimate since there are also a large amount of
device parastic loading.

   Furthermore, there is a "difficult to model" damping resistor in parallel
with Cdie and Lpkg. This damping resistor comes from on-die circuits consume
power. The oscilation between Lpkg and Cdie should be well damped in normal
conditions.

Regards,
Neo