[SI-LIST] Can EMI be reduced by offset clocks

  • From: "jill_lee2" <jill_lee2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 04:19:33 -0000

I am new to this group, and would like to ask for some experts help.

 We are encounter some EMI problem on 6x PCI 33 MHz clocks.   If I
stagger these six clocks by 0.2 ns seconds away (assume the time
margin still meets) will it help EMI ? I knew using spread spectrum
will help the EMI but it not available at this moment.  For multiple
clocks, if I offset these clocks will help on EMI or not.  Some
people told me EMI is on freq domain, if freq are the same then it
won't helps. My question is in time domain, if I offset the clocks
won't it reduce the energy also ?  If we are 2-5 db over regulation,
will it help much ?

 Please advise,

 Jill

List FAQ wiki page is located at: