[SI-LIST] Cadence Schematic File

  • From: "Arshad Suhail Farooqui" <arshie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:50:17 -0800

Hi,
I have a partial directory of what used to be a part of cadence library
designed on an old version of cadence (probably in 1990). A lot of files are
missing, cds.lib is also missing. The directories I have are named after the
respective subcircuits they belong to. Each directory has subfolders called
schematic, verilog and layout. Inside the schematics directories there are
files called current.

I have tried every possible way I can think of to open these schematic files,
but in vain. Is there any way I can open the cadence schematic files without
having to build a library for them?

I know there is lot of information in those schematic files. I viewed those
files with hexedit and i can see all the grid and sub circuit information. Does
any one know the file format of cadence schematic file? If there is no viewer
program that can view these schematics without creating library for them then I
am ready to write one if I get the file format information.

Thanks
Arshad Suhail Farooqui

List archives are viewable at: