[SI-LIST] Re: CPW in HFSS, ask for help

  • From: "Chandrasekhar Arun" <achandra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mike_bihan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:48:56 +0100

Charles, I agree 100% - and I believe that my answer will only serve as =
a link between the person concerned and the Ansoft AEs !
According to me, the condition for the CPW ports ( >3(2g+w) makes no =
sense to me, although it works - well. I think that this is where you =
will really need the Ansoft AEs who can tell you the rationale behind =
this condition. I did not ask mine yet, but I am preparing a list of my =
doubts in HFSS which is longer than the European Union constitution =
!!!!!
Reg. Zpi,pv and vi - you should get more or less the same values. I have =
read in a paper somewhere that Zpi is to be used for microstrip types =
and Zpv for CPW (or the other way around) and Zvi is just the mean value =
of the two. One suggestion - if you get very different Z values, then =
change "something" and re-simulate !!
I hope this helps=09

 =20
Arun Chandrasekhar
PhD Student: RF Packaging     =09
IMEC | MCP/MaRS Group =09
Phone:  +32 16 28 82 28 =09
Fax:    +32 16 28 10 97 =09
Email:  achandra@xxxxxxx <mailto:achandra@xxxxxxx>  =09
Seeds for Tomorrow's World <http://www.imec.be/>  =09
 =20
IMEC, Kapeldreef 75, 3001 Leuven, Belgium   |  Phone:+32 16 28 12 11  =
Fax:+32 16 22 94 00  |   Website: www.imec.be <http://www.imec.be/>=20

This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential information. =
 It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is =
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents of =
this e-mail and/or its attachments.=20