[SI-LIST] Re: CPW in HFSS, ask for help

  • From: Bi Han <mike_bihan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chandrasekhar Arun <achandra@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:30:33 +0800 (CST)

Nice to hear reply from you !
Actually, what I am wondering is that the "wave port" 's size is somewhat hard
to match two important criterion in the same time:
1. The port need to be large enough to reduce edge-effect.( >3(2g+w)
recommended)
2. port's left & right edges need to contact the two side- grounds to let them
be  connected together, to form the "lateral ground".
However, it is tough to meet above two requirements sometimes. For instance,
since the lateral metal trace have limited width,  it is very possible that the
port had to be so wide (that all three metal traces are included in the port)
to meet requirement 1. Then, the edge of port will bot contact lateral grounds.
These two side-grounds are seperated eletrically.
How to resolve this issue?
Thanks!
Bihan @ Sjtu,Emlab
 Chandrasekhar Arun <achandra@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Bi Han, Pls see a ppt file in the attachment that I used for this
purpose. If you stilll have questions, pls get back to me and we can discuss. I
have not tried the lumped gap source (I use only wave ports), but if u have
some interesting comparison, it would be nice to have a look at.Regards   Arun
Chandrasekhar PhD Student: RF Packaging     IMEC | MCP/MaRS Group Phone: +32 16
28 82 28 Fax: +32 16 28 10 97 Email: achandra@xxxxxxx    IMEC, Kapeldreef 75,
3001 Leuven, Belgium   |  Phone:+32 16 28 12 11  Fax:+32 16 22 94 00  |
Website:www.imec.be
This email and/or its attachments may contain confidential information. It is
intended solely for the intended addressee(s). Any use of the information
contained herein by other persons is prohibited. IMEC vzw does not accept any
liability for the contents of this email and/or its attachments.A.ch:link {
  COLOR: #1e355e; TEXT-DECORATION: none}A.ch:visited {    COLOR: #1e355e;
TEXT-DECORATION: none}A.ch:active {     COLOR: #b61e5c}A.ch:hover {     COLOR:
#b61e5c}BODY {   SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #b1c6d7; MARGIN: 2px;
SCROLLBAR-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR: #b1c6d7; SCROLLBAR-SHADOW-COLOR: #000080;
SCROLLBAR-3DLIGHT-COLOR: #add8e6; SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #1e355e;
SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR: #f5f5f5; SCROLLBAR-DARKSHADOW-COLOR: #808080;
SCROLLBAR-BASE-COLOR: #b1c6d7; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff}-----Original
Message-----