[SI-LIST] Re: CPLD getting blown on board

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cygnul@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 08:49:43 -0400

Sam
Look for excessive overshoot/undershoot on the signal lines received by the
CPLD.

regards,

Scott

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Sam Pete <cygnul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Friends,
> I am working on a medical board which has multi-core CPU along with other
> peripherals.
> we are getting into some issue that CPLD is getting blown out during power
> cycle or sometimes during reset.
> out of 210 boards we produced, we have 3 boards exhibiting this issue. The
> FA report from CPLD vendor says electrical over-stress...
> The board is not having any hotswap peripherals.... CPLD has 2.5V and 3.3V
> banks, 3.3V Core/IO supply comes up first then 2.5V.
> We have gone thru all sorts of checks, negative tests etc., to reproduce
> this issue and we were unsuccessful....
> Does anybody faced similar issues earlier? Appreciate if you can provide
> some clues...
>
> thanks
> Sam

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
16 Stormy Brook Road
Falmouth, ME 04105

(401) 284-1827 Business

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: