[SI-LIST] CPLD getting blown on board

  • From: Sam Pete <cygnul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 05:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Friends,
I am working on a medical board which has multi-core CPU along with other
peripherals.
we are getting into some issue that CPLD is getting blown out during power
cycle or sometimes during reset.
out of 210 boards we produced, we have 3 boards exhibiting this issue. The FA
report from CPLD vendor says electrical over-stress...
The board is not having any hotswap peripherals.... CPLD has 2.5V and 3.3V
banks, 3.3V Core/IO supply comes up first then 2.5V.
We have gone thru all sorts of checks, negative tests etc., to reproduce this
issue and we were unsuccessful....
Does anybody faced similar issues earlier? Appreciate if you can provide some
clues...

thanks
Sam

List forum  is accessible at: