[SI-LIST] Re: CHGND connection in DVI connector

  • From: qantrix <qantrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 06:31:25 +0200

Steve,

Why it's a mistake? If you need to isolate, there is no other way,
only usage of caps.
With few caps you can keep connection impedance less than 0.5R in
interested frequency range - 25MHZ - 1GHZ

Charles,

>>> Also - I would NOT add the internal shields to the chassis ground at the
>>> I/O.
>>> This is an ideal way of letting EMI out and cause immunity problems.

can you give some theoretical explanation about "letting EMI out" ?
Do you think about return currents of diff.pair flowing on the shield
will pollute my chassis GND?

In EMC lab one of  their experts said about technique when using full
plane for chassis_gnd. What you guys think about it?

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: