[SI-LIST] Re: Bypassing on Passive Backplane

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Joel Brown" <joel@xxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:53:44 -0700

Joel,

There is a wealth of information on how to design your power distribution
system you can obtain to guide you.  Istvan Novak has published a book
which is a collection of papers on the subject.  Larry Smith has published
a number of very good papers on the topic in the IEEE proceedings.

Among these are many of the answers you seek.  I don't think any of us is
willing to offer a generic answer to your questions as to quote Eric
Bogatin "it depends". on what your circuits are doing.

Lee Ritchey

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: