[SI-LIST] Re: Buffer delay

  • From: yan hang <yang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:31:47 +0800

 Hello Lynne & Michael ,

 In the "IBIS QUALITY SPECIFICATION ",  it defined that the IQ3=20
 level--the model data for timing analysis has been checked. If there is =
time of offset between
the two waveforms(IBIS &HSPICE),shoule we say the model can not pass the
IQ3?
When we use hspice model to create ibis model ,do we must check the =
offset
and correct it?

Best Regards,

Yan Hang
Huawei Technology
Shanghai Research Institute
Interconnection Dept.,R&D
Tel =A3=AB862168644808=A3=AD24043

-----=D3=CA=BC=FE=D4=AD=BC=FE-----
=B7=A2=BC=FE=C8=CB: Lynne D. Green [mailto:lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20
=B7=A2=CB=CD=CA=B1=BC=E4: 2006=C4=EA11=D4=C218=C8=D5 3:36
=CA=D5=BC=FE=C8=CB: forsilist@xxxxxxxxx; yang@xxxxxxxxxx; =
si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
=B3=AD=CB=CD: liuweidong@xxxxxxxxxx
=D6=F7=CC=E2: RE: [SI-LIST] Re: Buffer delay

Hello, Yan Hang,

IBIS and SPICE do not have the same Time=3D0 reference, due to the way =
SI
tools trigger I/O inputs.  This means that there is a time offset =
between
the two waveforms.

This offset can be corrected for by simulating the load [Vmeas, Rref, =
Cref].
This delay offset can then be used to adjust the delay in other =
simulations.
Many SI tools have automated this process.

A good paper on this is http://pcdandm.com/cms/content/view/2800/95/.  =
There
is also a HyperLynx Application Note, referenced in that paper.

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412