[SI-LIST] Bazooka balun verification.

  • From: "GEORGE VARGHESE" <rfengg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:13:39 +1100

Hi All,
          I need the Transmission line experts to pitch in with thier expertise
to my query..........

I want to fabricate a transmission line choke with the Belden 9222 triax .The
inner conductor and the inner  shield layer of the 9222 will be used for TEM
wave propagation of the signal picked up by a transducer while the outer most
shield and the inner  shield form a bazooka balun ( a quarter wave length of
line which is shorted at one end and open at the other). When these are
assembled with coax connectors and convoluted tubing, the problem that I am
facing is that, I dont have physical access to the outer most shield layer as
its not connected to any connector , and hence I am not able to verify the
operation of the bazooka balun as there are no physical connections available
to me where I can test after proper assembly.
Do have any non destructive methodology by which I can verify the performance
of this unique balun without any physical access to the layers forming the
quarter wave choke?

regards,
George.

List archives are viewable at: