[SI-LIST] Re: Bad Eye at -5C temperature

  • From: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: balaseven@xxxxxxxxx, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 07:34:59 -0400

Hi Bala,

Keep also in mind that in case you do this in a temperature chamber, you
need to consider (and sometimes have to control) humidity as well.
When you go below zero degree centigrade, ice may form on the structure
and it can alter the characteristics you measure.

Regards,

Istvan Novak
Oracle

On 5/4/2015 3:21 AM, bala wrote:

Hi All,
My 6.25G Serdes PHY/MAC interface is working fine at high and normal
temperature and the measured eye also looks good.

But at the low temperature(-5C) ,i see some packet loss and internal eye
looks bad relatively.I know that at low temperature the insertion loss of
the channel will be increased,but my DFE can handle 25dB of loss.

Is there any other reason for this failure at low temperature.

Regards
bala

List forum is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: