[SI-LIST] Re: Backplane modeling/simulation methodology

  • From: "Kinger Cai" <kinger.cai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vhdlguy@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:53:29 -0700

Hi Keyvan,
As I mentioned you can use the full-wave field solver, HSS or CST, to
extract the S parameter models (FD).
If you do not feel comfortable to directly use S parameter in your Hspice
simualiton flow, www.Sigrity.com provides a tool, "Broad Band Spice", which
can convert a S parameter model to broad band spice after doing sanity and
passivity check.
www.Kingercai.com provides the same service of S paramter models to Bradn
band Spice converting as well as S parameter modeling.

Regards,
Kinger

High Speed Platform Enabling
Kinger Consultant Advance Inc.
www.kingercai.com

On 11/5/07, Kay Ira <vhdlguy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> My main goal is to use a a set of tools that generate models (either in FD
> or TD) that HSPICE can simulate accurately in time domain. For example, in
> the past I've had a lot of problems when using S-parameter models in HSPICE
> for transient sims. Is there a recommended modeling flow for HSPICE?
>
> Regards,
> Keyvan Irani

> List technical documents are available at:
>                http://www.si-list.net