[SI-LIST] Backplane modeling/simulation methodology

  • From: Kay Ira <vhdlguy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 10:56:27 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone:
  I?m in the process of modeling a backplane and would like to find out if
there is an accurate proven modeling/simulation methodology given the following
parameters.

  Bit Rate:
-Up to 5Gb/s

  Models Available:
-Silicon Models: Encrypted HSPICE
-Connector Models: S-parameters (provided by a vendor-extracted using CST)

  Elements needing accurate modeling:
-Transmission lines (up to 40?)
-Vias

  Tools Available in house:
-HSPICE
-ANSOFT (3D and 2D tools)
-CST

  Tools we may be able to get:
-Tektronix TDR/TDT + IConnect
-Agilent TDR or VNA + PLTS

  I have to use HSPICE to simulate the entire interconnect given my silicon
models. I?d greatly appreciate your suggestions/comments.

  Regards,
Keyvan Irani
Raytheon

List technical documents are available at: