[SI-LIST] BGA routing

  • From: Darshan Mehta <darshanmehta2k@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 03:41:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I have one general question regarding BGA routing. I have seen many BGA boards
and nobody puts via exactly below the BGA pad. Most of the times, we generate
Fanout outside the BGA pad. Is there is a specific reason for that? I think we
can save lot of space if we put via exactly below BGA pad. Is there will be any
problem if we put via exactly below the pad of BGA? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Darshan Mehta

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: