[SI-LIST] Re: BGA Fan Out

  • From: "Dimiter Popoff" <dp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:34:41 +0300

I would suggest 0.5mm pads, so two 4 mil (apr. 0.1 mm) traces can come out
between the pads . Drilling with 0.3 (apr. 0.2 after plating with a 0.4 mm pad
for 1.27 spaced BGA has been done for me 5 years ago and is being done now,
but since the 0.4 rather than 0.5 won't buy another trace you will be better
off at 0.5. Whether the whole mess is routable on two layers is of course
another matter... I have enough overhead routing at 3 traces between pads
with 1.27 BGAs, but it may well be (not easily) doable.

Good luck,
Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org